Im guessing you didint have Betty Carter
I dont know about everyone else on here, but I get tired of seeing people get attacked just because their grammar is not as great as others. As long as they make their point and people basically understand what they are trying to say what does it matter? If you're in a job setting or something then I can see it making a difference. But on here all we do is just talk about the local happenings with each other. Who cares if someone says ain't instead of isn't or aren't? A instead of An? Effect instead of Affect or vice versa? Im not trying to start a debate over it or anything, I just thought it was something that needed to be said.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
Im guessing you didint have Betty Carter
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
Actually yes I did. I just meant I do not see why when someone makes a gramatical error everyone has to jump all over them on here. You wouldnt do that to someone in public. If I went into Wal-mart and said "I ain't going to wait in line for 30 minutes to get a quart of milk" I doubt a single person would say anything about it, but if someone says a instead of an or their sentence structure isn't perfect, then 2 or 3 users (sometimes more) have to make it a point to tell them, down them about it, and make them feel stupid.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
Then you wouldnt worry about it. Whenever I start to mess up a sentence, I just see her looking at me.
Nothing but the process is infinite
Eternal, endless, indefinite
I loved having her as a teacher. I still see her sometimes, she's a nice lady.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
She the English teacher from Pound? If so I think I had her in summer school. Anyways I could care lees about punctuation or spelling as long I can figure out what the posters point is.
GO VOLS
yeah she taught at PHS for years. I had her for honors english 9 in 2001-2002 and she retired at the end of that school year. I agree that on here that is all that matters is that you get the point across to where people can understand it. That's why I started this. Every time there's a discussion going on and someone gets pissed at someone the attack the person on something irrelevent to the topic like their grammar or sentence structure.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
It is sometimes difficult to discern one's point of emphasis without proper grammar. There is a huge difference between spoken and written words.
If one cannot take the time to properly express theirselves in an informal setting, what makes you think they will do so in a formal setting? Practice makes perfect as it were.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I think everyone knows that practice makes perfect, but they also know that everyone is not perfect. Just because someone makes a gramatical error on a discussion board does not mean that half the users should jump on the person about it.
RE-ELECT MARK HUTCHINSON SB DISTRICT 1.
DONALD DUCK FOR SB IN DISTRICT 2 & 3. [ALL CANDIDATES ARE WORTHLESS]
RE-ELECT KYLE FLETCHER SB DISTRICT 4
[img]http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n261/aphrodite4evermore/wildcat.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is sometimes difficult to discern one's point of emphasis without proper grammar. There is a huge difference between spoken and written words.
If one cannot take the time to properly express theirselves in an informal setting, what makes you think they will do so in a formal setting? Practice makes perfect as it were.
</div></div>
As I was going down the page reading all the posts, ready to write my own scathing reply, I read your post, Bob. An eloquent post...I couldn't have put it better myself.
[img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]
Bookmarks